Back to the Future : a Legacies, Continuities and Changes in Educational Policy, Practice and Research / Edited by Maria Assunção Flores; Ana Amélia Carvalho; Fernando Ilídio Ferreira; Maria Teresa Vilaça.
- Other Title:
- Legacies, Continuities and Changes in Educational Policy, Practice and Research
- Leiden; Boston : Brill | Sense, 2013.
- Other Books
1 online resource (325 p.)
- Education and state.
School management and organization.
Teachers -- Training of.
- Electronic books.
- Schools and teachers are facing various challenges in a rapidly changing world. In such circumstances, discussing and sharing concerns of mutual interest regarding policy, practice and research is crucial to creating more sophisticated understandings of the various challenges as a first step in the improvement of education. While the future should not be imprisoned in the past, the past does provide valuable lessons that will undergo new iterations in constructing the future. The future will be multi-faceted and complex and the different chapters included in this book are intended to provide important contributions from which to build the future of education. The different chapters provide readers with international perspectives, frameworks and empirical evidence of legacies, continuities and changes in educational policy, practice and research in teaching, teacher education and learning. We hope that they inspire the readers to build the future and to change their own professional realities.
- Preliminary Material / Maria Assunção Flores , Ana Amélia Carvalho , Fernando Ilídio Ferreira and Maria Teresa Vilaça
Building a Profession of Teaching / Linda Darling-Hammond
Teachers: How Long Until the Future? / António Nóvoa
Teachers’ Lives and Work: Back to the Future? / Ciaran Sugrue
The New Lives of Teachers / Christopher Day
Teachers’ Voices: Learning from Professional Lives / Hafdís Guđjónsdóttir and Sólveig Karvelsdóttir
Living the Janus Head: Conceptualizing Leaders and Leadership in Schools in the 21st Century / Geert Kelchtermans and Liesbeth Piot
Development of a New Curriculum Leadership Model with a Focus on Its Relation to the Professional Learning Communities / Toshiyuki Kihara , Hirotoshi Yano and Hisayoshi Mori
Advancing Equity and Inclusion in Schools: An Awareness-Action Framework / Jude Butcher , Colleen Leathley and Kristin Johnston
Cognitive Skills in Palestinian Curricula and Textbooks / Shukri Sanber and Irene Hazou
Learning in Professional Development Schools / Joke Daemen , Els Laroes , Paulien C. Meijer and Jan Vermunt
Teacher Professional Learning in Digital Age Environments / Catherine McLoughlin
Developing Experienced-based Principles of Practice for Teaching Teachers / Tom Russell and Shawn Michael Bullock
Challenges to Promoting Quality in Preservice Practicum Experiences / Tom Russell and Andrea K. Martin
Professional Identity: A Case Study of Preservice Mathematics Teachers in South Africa / Sonja van Putten , Gerrit Stols and Sarah Howie
The Scholarship of Pedagogy in Adverse Settings / Flávia Vieira
Tutors’ and Students’ Views of Tutoring: A Study in Higher Education / Sandra Fernandes and Maria Assunção Flores
An Online Programme to Prepare Teacher Tutors: An Experience Involving a University-School Partnership / Renata Portela Rinaldi , Maria Iolanda Monteiro , Aline Maria de Medeiros Rodrigues Reali and Rosa Maria Moraes Anunciato de Oliveira
Contributors / Maria Assunção Flores , Ana Amélia Carvalho , Fernando Ilídio Ferreira and Maria Teresa Vilaça
Reviewers / Maria Assunção Flores , Ana Amélia Carvalho , Fernando Ilídio Ferreira and Maria Teresa Vilaça.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Flores, Maria Assunção, editor.
Carvalho, Ana Amélia, editor.
Ferreira, Fernando Ilídio, editor.
Vilaça, Maria Teresa, editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-94-6209-240-2 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|