Lysistrata [electronic resource].
- Auckland : The Floating Press, 2012.
1 online resource (109 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Greece -- History -- Peloponnesian War, 431-404 B.C. -- Drama.
Lysistrata (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Peace movements -- Drama.
- Electronic books.
- One of the few plays that survived intact from the heyday of ancient Grecian drama, Lysistrata is an enormously influential work of satirical comedy. In order to bring an end to a destructive and never-ending war, the women of Greece take a temporary vow of chastity, pledging to remain abstinent until the conflict ends. As can be expected, mayhem -- and hilarity -- ensues.
- Title; Contents; Foreword; Lysistrata; Endnotes
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Lindsay, Jack.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|