Mastering CryENGINE : use CryENGINE at a professional level and master the engine's features to build AAA quality games / Sascha Gundlach, Michelle K. Martin.
- Birmingham : Packt Publishing, 2014.
- Community experience distilled.
Community experience distilled
1 online resource (278 p.)
- Computer games -- Programming.
Open source software.
- Electronic books.
- CryENGINE is one of the most powerful real-time 3D engines available today. Used in blockbuster games like FarCry, Crysis, and Ryse, its rendering and real-time capabilities are unmatched. The CryENGINE SDK toolkit can be used to build any type of game, from first-person shooters to strategy games and simulations. This book will take your CryENGINE skills to the next level, allowing you to unleash the full power of the engine. Whether you are working on a small mod or a large-scale production, the user-friendly steps and illustrations in this book will help you master the wide range of feature
- Cover; Copyright; Credits; About the Authors; About the Reviewers; www.PacktPub.com; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Setting Up the Perfect Pipeline; What is a production pipeline?; Importance of a strong pipeline; Version control for CryENGINE projects; What version control does for you; Production without version control; Working from a shared folder; Selecting a VCS for CryENGINE projects; Setting up version control for CryENGINE; Sandbox; Identifying CryENGINE project files to be excluded from version control; Automated builds and build scripts; Creating nightly builds
Setting up a build serverOperating system; What the build scripts should do; Creating your custom build script; Writing your own script; Wrapping it up; Scheduling automated builds; Automated performance tests; Using level statistics to profile the performance of a level; Build integration; Integrating a new version of CryENGINE; Engine depot; Project branch; Integration; Quality assurance processes; QA pipeline in larger scale teams; QA pipeline in smaller teams; Working without a QA pipeline; Understanding issue tracking in CryENGINE; Summary
Chapter 2: Using the CryENGINE Input System - Keyboard, Mouse, and Game ControllerThe CryENGINE input system; A layer of abstraction; Input event system; Game actions; Action Maps; Multiple Action Maps; Creating a new Action; Setting up an Action event; Adding an Action mapping; Reacting to Action events; Action events in code; Action events in FlowGraph; Filtering Actions; Creating Action Filters; Using Action Filters; Reacting to Input events; Code; FlowGraph; User profiles; Modifying user profiles; DLCs and patches; Input event names reference; Keyboard; Mouse; XBox 360 controller
PS3 controllerSummary; Chapter 3: Building Complex Flow Graph Logic; Who uses the flow graph system?; A more complex application of the flow graph; Revisiting the basics of flow graphs; Types of nodes; Entity nodes; Component nodes; Flow graph data format and storage; The entity nodes with dynamic targets; What happens if we input the wrong EntityId?; A more complex application of dynamic EntityIds; Let's take a shortcut; Q - node quick search; F/G - link highlighting; Ctrl + Shift + V - paste nodes with links; Embedding the flow graphs; GameTokens; The GameToken libraries
Reacting to a game token changing its stateThe GraphTokens variable; Accessing the Lua functionality; Creating nodes in C++ and Lua; Adding ports to an entity flow graph node; Creating flow graph nodes using Lua script; Creating flow graph nodes using C++; Summary; Chapter 4: Morphs and Bones - Creating a Facial Setup for Your Character; Creating a facial setup for a character; Exporting the character's head; Using facial expression libraries; Creating a new facial expression library; Mapping the library; Creating expressions; Facial animation; Creating facial sequences
Using Facial Sequences in the engine
- Includes index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed April 25, 2014).
- Martin, Michelle K., author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|