Scratch 2.0 beginner's guide : create digital stories, games, art, and animations through six unique projects / Michael Badger ; Ross Manges, cover image.
- Other records:
- Second edition.
- Birmingham, England : Packt Publishing, 2014.
1 online resource (296 p.)
- Computer games -- Programming.
Scratch (Computer program language).
Visual programming languages (Computer science).
- Electronic books.
- The book uses step-by-step instructions along with full code listings for each exercise. After each exercise, the author pauses to reflect, explain, and offer insights before building on the project.The author approaches the content with the belief that we are all teachers and that you are reading this book not only because you want to learn, but because you want to share your knowledge with others. Motivated students can pick up this book and teach themselves how to program because the book takes a simple, strategic, and structured approach to learning Scratch.Parents can grasp the fundamenta
- Cover; Copyright; Credits; About the Author; About the Reviewers; www.PacktPub.com; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Welcome to Scratch 2.0; About Scratch; Encouraging everyone to think programmatically; Sample Scratch uses; Computational thinking; Finding a project for you; Making animations; Telling stories; Building games; Programming games of chance; Creating art projects; Sensing the real world; Programming concepts; Using Scratch 2.0; Looking inside a Scratch project; The stage area; The sprites pane; The scripts area; The built-in image editor; Using Scratch 2.0 offline
Saving early, often, and automaticallyTime for action - saving our work; Undoing a deletion; Introducing forever loops; Time for action - setting the cat in motion, forever; Controlling a sprite with loops; Time for action - flipping the cat right-side up; Clicking on a block runs the command; Adding sprites to the project; Time for action - adding a second sprite and script; Reviewing a video-sensing project; Time for action - reviewing pop the balloon - video starter; Sensing video; Summary; Chapter 3: Creating an Animated Birthday Card; Introducing the paint editor
Time for action - painting a happy birthday spriteChanging the size of a bitmap image; Choosing bitmap or vector images; Time for action - drawing a vector image; Changing the size of the vector image; Reviewing the image editing tools; Erasing in the vector mode; Filling the stage with color; Time for action - using the fill with color tool to paint the stage; Adding gradients; Time for action - applying a gradient; Time for action - adding more sprites to address the card; Initializing a sprite's starting values; Time for action - hiding all sprites when the flag is clicked
Time for action - displaying happy birthdaySpecifying memorable names and comments; Time for action - renaming sprites; Inserting comments into our code; Time for action - adding comments to a script; Transforming sprites with graphical effects; Time for action - transforming sprites; Graphical transformations; Comparing the repeat and forever blocks; Time for action - turning m in a circle; Time for action - making a sprite fade in with the ghost effect; Two ways to control timing; Summary; Chapter 4: Creating a Scratch Story Book; Designing the outline of a barnyard joke book
Time for action - designing a clickable table of contents
- Includes index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed April 29, 2014).
- Manges, Ross, cover designer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|