Sound linkage : an integrated programme for overcoming reading difficulties / Peter J. Hatcher, Fiona J. Duff, Charles Hulme.
- Other records:
- Third edition.
- Chichester, England : Wiley, 2014.
1 online resource (267 p.)
- Education, Elementary -- Activity programs.
Language arts -- Phonetics.
Learning disabled children -- Education (Elementary).
Phonetics -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Aids and devices.
Reading -- Phonetic method -- Aids and devices.
Reading -- Remedial teaching -- Aids and devices.
- Electronic books.
- The updated edition of this successful resource has been developed to support children with reading delays and dyslexia. It contains a phonological training programme, an explanation of how this programme can be embedded within a broader reading intervention, a standardized test of phonological awareness and a methodology to grade children's reading books. This third edition has been revised throughout to include the latest developments in the fieldThese resources have been used with a wide range of children and found to be suitable for use with any reading-delayed child
- Cover; Title page; Copyright page; Contents; Acknowledgements; Foreword; About the Companion Website; Introduction; Test of Phonological Awareness; Programme Administration; Phonological Training Activities; Instructions; Phonological Linkage Activities; SECTION 1: Identification of Words as Units Within Sentences; ACTIVITY 1: Introduction to the concepts of 'beginning', 'middle'and 'end'; ACTIVITY 2: Comprehension of the concepts of 'beginning','middle' and 'end' in sentences; ACTIVITY 3: Transferring the concepts of 'beginning', 'middle'and 'end' to an aural activity
ACTIVITY 4: Production of initial, final and medial words insentences of two to four wordsACTIVITY 5: Matching counters to words in sentences of two to five words; SECTION 2: Identification and Manipulation of Syllables; ACTIVITY 1: Introduction to syllabic rhythm in poems (A); ACTIVITY 2: Introduction to syllabic rhythm in poems (B); ACTIVITY 3: Syllable blending (two to four syllables); ACTIVITY 4: Introduction to syllable segmentation; ACTIVITY 5: Segmentation of words into syllables (two to four); ACTIVITY 6: Syllable counting in words of two to four syllables
ACTIVITY 7: Syllable deletionSECTION 3: Identification and Supply of Rhyming Words; ACTIVITY 1: Introduction to rhyme; ACTIVITY 2: Discrimination of pairs of rhyming andnon-rhyming words; ACTIVITY 3: Supplying rhymes (A); ACTIVITY 4: Supplying rhymes (B); ACTIVITY 5: Supplying rhymes (C); ACTIVITY 6: Rhyme supply (riddles); ACTIVITY 7: Discrimination of one of three words that rhymeswith a target word; SECTION 4: Identification and Discrimination of Phonemes; ACTIVITY 1: Introduction to 'saying a word slowly'; ACTIVITY 2: Picture sound association (initial sounds of words)
ACTIVITY 3: Word pair discriminationACTIVITY 4: Identification of initial sounds in words; ACTIVITY 5: Identification of final sounds in words; ACTIVITY 6: Identification of medial sounds in words; ACTIVITY 7: Discrimination of two of three words with thesame initial sound; ACTIVITY 8: Introduction to the concept of 'same end' sound; ACTIVITY 9: Discrimination of two of three words with thesame final sound; ACTIVITY 10: Discrimination of two of three words with thesame medial sound; ACTIVITY 11: Discrimination of word pairs with the sameinitial sound
ACTIVITY 12: Discrimination of word pairs with the samefinal soundACTIVITY 13: Discrimination of word pairs with the samemedial sound; ACTIVITY 14: Discrimination of one of three words with thesame initial sound as a target word; ACTIVITY 15: Discrimination of one of four words with a differentinitial sound; ACTIVITY 16: Discrimination of one of three words with thesame final sound as a target word; ACTIVITY 17: Discrimination of one of four words with adifferent final sound; SECTION 5: Phoneme Blending; ACTIVITY 1: Production of words from two to four sounds
ACTIVITY 2: Production of words from two sounds
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed March 13, 2014).
- Duff, Fiona J.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|