Preparing early childhood educators to teach math : professional development that works / edited by Herbert P. Ginsburg, Ph. D., Teachers College Columbia University, New York, New York, Marilou Hyson, Ph. D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, and Taniesha A. Woods, Ph. D., Say Yes Education, Inc., New York, New York ; Sue Bredekamp, foreword ; contributors Kimberly Brenneman [and seven others].
- Baltimore, Maryland : Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2014.
1 online resource (248 p.)
- Mathematics teachers -- Training of -- United States.
Early childhood educators -- Training of -- United States.
Mathematics -- Study and teaching (Early childhood) -- United States.
Mathematics -- Vocational guidance -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- With 30+ video clips-great for use in teacher training sessions! If you're preparing early childhood educators for the critical task of teaching math, this groundbreaking resource is just what you need to plan and implement effective professional development. Translating recommendations from the National Research Council's early mathematics report into clear and actionable goals, this text is your key to improving the way educators teach math to children ages 3-6. You'll get an in-depth guide to what math teachers need to teach; a research-based framework for strengthening professional
- Book Title; Contents; About the Editors; About the Contributors; About the Ancillary Materials; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Chapter 1: One, Two, Buckle My Shoe; Chapter 2: Practices, Knowledge, and Beliefs About Professional Develop; Chapter 3: Young Children's Mathematical Minds; Chapter 4: Goals for Early Childhood Mathematics Teachers; Chapter 5: General Features of Effective Professional Development; Chapter 6: Promising Approaches to Early Childhood Mathematics Education Professional Development in Preservice Settings
Chapter 7: Promising Approaches to Early Childhood Mathematics Education Professional Development in In-Service Settings Chapter 7: Appendix; Chapter 8: Evaluating Professional Development in Early Childhood Mathematics; Chapter 9: The Future?; Appendix: Syllabus for HUDK 4027-Fall 2013; Index
- Includes index.
Description based on print version record.
- Ginsburg, Herbert, editor.
Hyson, Marilou, editor.
Woods, Taniesha A., editor.
Bredekamp, Sue, author of introduction, etc.
Brenneman, Kimberly, contributor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|