Older people with visual impairment : clinical management and care. / Susan Watkinson ; designed and typeset by Mary Blood.
- Other records:
- Cumbria, England : M&K Update Ltd, 2014.
1 online resource (189 p.)
- Geriatric nursing.
Older people with visual disabilities -- Care.
Older people with visual disabilities -- Rehabilitation.
- Electronic books.
- In the context of an ageing population, visual impairment is having an increasing social and economic impact. This timely book will enable healthcare professionals in a diverse range of settings to enhance their expertise in assessing the ophthalmic conditions of the elderly, adopt a holistic approach to patient care, and improve their ability to deal with organisational challenges involving visually impaired elderly people. Sue Watkinson and her co-authors have used their broad professional and academic knowledge to analyse issues relating to the major ocular diseases affecting the elderly. T
- Cover; Prelims; Contents; Introduction; Chapter 1 Older people with visual impairment: Clinical management and care - an overview; Chapter 2 Current perspectives on managing older people with cataracts; Chapter 3 Managing the care of older people withage-related macular degeneration; Chapter 4 Improving the care of older people with chronic open-angle glaucoma; Chapter 5 Older people with diabetic retinopathy; Chapter 6 Common external eye disorders in older people; Chapter 7 The older person with herpes zoster ophthalmicus; Chapter 8 Managing depression in visually impaired older people
Chapter 9 Dementia and visually impaired older peopleChapter 10 Conclusion; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed July 29, 2014).
- Blood, Mary, designer, compositor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|