Delphi cookbook : 50 hands-on recipes to master the power of Delphi for cross-platform and mobile development on Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS / Daniele Teti.
- Other records:
- 1st edition
- Birmingham, [England] : Packt Publishing, 2014.
1 online resource (328 p.)
- Computer software -- Development.
Delphi (Computer file).
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Intended to refresh the basics of Delphi as well as advance your knowledge to the next level, it is assumed you will know RAD studio and the Object Pascal language. However, if you are not an experienced RAD studio programmer this accessible guide will still develop those initial crucial skills.
- Cover; Copyright; Credits; About the Author; About the Reviewers; www.PacktPub.com; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Delphi Basics; Introduction; Changing your application''s look and feel with VCL styles and no code; Changing the style of your VCL application at runtime; Customizing TDBGrid; Using the owner''s draw combos and listboxes; Creating a stack of embedded forms; Manipulating JSON; Manipulating and transforming XML documents; I/O in the twenty-first century - knowing streams; Putting your VCL application in the tray; Creating a Windows service
Associating a file extension with your application on WindowsChapter 2: Become a Delphi Language Ninja; Introduction; Fun with anonymous methods - using higher-order functions; Writing enumerable types; RTTI to the rescue - configuring your class at runtime; Duck typing using RTTI; Creating helpers for your classes; Checking strings with regular expressions; Chapter 3: Going Cross Platform with FireMonkey; Introduction; Giving a new appearance to the standard FireMonkey controls using styles; Creating a styled TListBox; Impressing your clients with animations
Serializing a dataset to JSON and backSerializing objects to JSON and back using RTTI; Sending a POST HTTP request encoding parameters; Implementing a RESTful interface using WebBroker; Controlling remote applications using UDP; Using App Tethering to create a companion app; Creating DataSnap Apache modules; Chapter 6: Riding the Mobile Revolution with FireMonkey; Introduction; Taking a photo, applying effects, and sharing it; Using listview to show and search local data; Do not block the main thread!; Using SQLite databases to handle a to-do list
Using a styled TListView to handle a long list of dataTaking a photo and location and sending it to a server continuously; Talking to the backend; Making a phone call from your app!; Tracking the application''s life cycle; Chapter 7: Using Specific Platform Features; Introduction; Using Android SDK Java classes; Using iOS Objective-C SDK classes; Displaying PDF files in your app; Sending Android intents; Letting your phone talk - using the Android TextToSpeech engine; Index
- "Quick answers to common problems." --Cover.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed October 06, 2014).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|