Sustainable residential interiors / Kari Foster, Annette Stelmack, ASID, Debbie Hindman, Associates III.
- Other records:
- Second edition.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 2014.
1 online resource (691 p.)
- Sustainable design -- United States.
Ecological houses -- Design and construction.
Sustainable engineering -- United States.
Interior architecture -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- "As college campuses and workplaces turn their attention to minimizing carbon footprints, sustainable design is an increasingly fashionable aspect of interior design and architecture. Sustainable Residential Interiors focuses on implementing 'Green' design practices and technologies that improve indoor environmental quality. This update to the prize-winning 1st Edition features extensive information on certifications, standards, and materials in compliance with the new LEED v4 rating system. Forward-thinking students and professionals who recognize the growing emphasis on 'Green' initiatives will gain the latest information on sustainable design in this book"-- Provided by publisher.
"A guide for interior designers and architects working on residential interiors, this book offers a comprehensive look at sustainable interior design practices and technologies"-- Provided by publisher.
- Sustainable Residential Interiors; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgements; Chapter 1: Why Be Sustainable?; What Are Green Buildings?; Environmental Stewardship; Personal Responsibility; Good Design; Low-Impact Building Materials; Indoor Air Quality; Indoor Environmental Quality; Conservation of Energy and Water; Waste Reduction and Management; Operation and Maintenance; For Future Generations; Conclusion; Resources; Chapter 2: Inspiring Stories; Chapter 3: Inspiring Projects; Chapter 4: Healthy Interiors; Green Building Framework; Why Health Matters; Health and Indoor Air Quality
Common Chemicals of Concern to AvoidChemical Sensitivities; Electro-Pollution; Safety and Well-Being; Healthy, High-Performing Strategies; Understanding Building Science; Evaluating the Vapor Profile of New Assemblies; Vetting Materials and Products; Team Integration; Benefits; Next Steps; Resources; Chapter 5: Greening Projects; Getting Started on a Green Project; Educating Yourself; Establishing the Project Mission, Vision, and Goals; Integrated Design Approach and Criteria; The Charrette; Challenges of Integration; Interior Designer's Role; Job Site Measures
Client's Role and ResponsibilitiesGreen Builder Programs; Green Building Cost Considerations; Resources; Chapter 6: Greening Specifications; Product Criteria; Sustainability Reporting; Product Declarations; Certification; Avoid Chemicals of Concern; Zero- or Low-Emitting Materials; Low-Impact Materials; Indoor Air Quality Performance; Effective Water Use; Optimize Energy Performance; Reduced Material Content; Recycled/Repurposed Material Content; Renewable Material Content; Regional Materials; Ergonomic/Universal Design; Durable and Long-Lasting; Adaptable and Reusable; Biodegradable
Product Take-BackReduced Packaging; Shipping and Handling; Vetting Products; Materials Safety Data Sheets; Questions for Manufacturers and Suppliers; Fixed Residential Interior Finishes; Fixed Interior Specifications Guidelines; Furniture Specifications Guidelines; In Summary; Resources; Chapter 7: Green Building Rating Systems; National and International Programs; Regional Programs; Frameworks and Guidelines; Holistic Communities; Tools and Resources; Resource; Chapter 8: Certifications and Standards; What Are Green Certifications and Standards and Why Are They Important?; GreenWashing
First-, Second-, or Third-Party?Certification Resources; Green Product Searches; Eco-Claim Validation and Standards for Sustainable Organizations; Indoor Environmental Quality; Life-Cycle Assessment; Carbon Footprint; Compostable; Certifications and Standards by Category/Material Type; General Building and Household Products; Concrete, Masonry, and Metals; Wood and Composites; Openings: Doors and windows; Finishes; Specialties; Equipment/Appliances; Mechanical/Plumbing; Electrical/Lighting; Furnishings; Transparency Horizon; Resources; Chapter 9: Concrete; Where Does It Come From?
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Stelmack, Annette, author.
Hindman, Debbie, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|