Progress in slow sand and alternative biofiltration processes : further developments and applications / edited by Nobutada Nakamoto [and three others].
- London : IWA Publishing, 2014.
1 online resource (585 p.)
- Water -- Purification -- Slow sand filtration -- Congresses.
Water -- Purification -- Fixed-film biological process -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Cover; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Conference programme advisory panel; Part I: General Overview; Chapter 1: Slow Sand Filtration: Recent Research and Application Perspectives; Chapter 2: A Review of Biologically-Based Drinking Water Treatment Processes for Organic Micropollutant Removal; Chapter 3: Overview on the current condition of slow sand filtration and its challenges in Japan; Chapter 4: The Centenary Slow Sand Filtration in Nagoya City - A 100 Year Trend of Water Quality; Chapter 5: The centenary slow sand filtration in Nagoya City - the reconstruction of the slow sand filters
Chapter 6: Value of Adenosine Tri-Phosphate and Total Cell Count for the assessment of general microbial water quality after sand filtrationChapter 7: Evaluation of dissolved organic matter fractions removal due to biodegradation; Chapter 8: Comparison between different filter systems as a post treatment after tertiary ozonation; Part II: Slow Sand Filtration - Process Behaviour; Chapter 9: Food chain is the key in ecological purification system: new concept and new name of slow sand filter
Chapter 10: A study of protistan movement speed and filtration rate in slow sand filter as an ecological purification systemChapter 11: Analysis of bacterial community structures in slow sand filtration bed on different region and soil depth by PCR-DGGE method; Chapter 12: Gut bacterial floras of aquatic invertebrates inhabiting slow sand filter beds; Chapter 13: The functioning of biological slow sand filtration in relation to the presence and the role of Annelids in the schmutzdecke; Chapter 14: The inhibitory effect of Tubificid on head loss in slow sand filtration
Chapter 15: Schmutzdecke development and treated water qualityChapter 16: The silicon circulation hypothesis based on slow sand filtration/ecological purification system; Chapter 17: Effect of sudden changes of slow sand filtration rate on number of bacteria and particles in effluent; Part III: Slow Sand Filtration - Treatment Performance; Chapter 18: Slow sand filtration process model for removal of microorganisms; Chapter 19: Removal of anti-inflammatory compounds by ecological filtration; Chapter 20: Removal of bromophenols by slow sand filtration
Chapter 21: The iron and manganese removal process: Its microbial habitats and functionsChapter 22: Biological iron removal from community water source - Corriverton, Republic of Guyana; Chapter 23: Case studies of slow sand filtration/ecological purification system in small scale water supply; Chapter 24: Water supply of a small community with a small slow sand filtration/ecological purification system unit; Chapter 25: Refocus on slow sand filter in Kakuda city and Marumori town after Great East Japan Earthquake; Chapter 26: Small slow sand filter system for rural area in Bolivia
Part IV: Slow Sand Filtration - Process Developments
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and indexes.
Description based on online resource; title from title page (ebrary, viewed September 18, 2014).
- Nakamoto, Nobutada, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|