Cochlear implants : what parents should know / Betty Loy and Peter Roland.
- San Diego, California : Plural Publishing, 
1 online resource (249 p.)
- Cochlear implants -- Popular works.
- Electronic books.
- This book is designed to serve the needs of parents considering cochlear implants (CI) for their children, to ensure that parents have a reliable information source to supplement advices from medical and allied health professionals, in order to help enable them to make informed decisions. From surgical considerations, through insurance and lifestyle issues, to counseling, this book is an ideal patient hand-out or professional resource for healthcare providers.
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Contributors; Chapter 1. Upon Learning Your Child Can't Hear; Chapter 2. Will My Child Learn to Talk?; Emma's Story; Chapter 3. Hearing and How It Is Tested; Chapter 4. Don't the Insurance People Understand? This Is My Child !; Scooter's Story; Chapter 5. Which Cochlear Implant Device Is Right for Your Child?; Chapter 6. Cochlear Implant Surgery; The Brothers' Story; Chapter 7. Initial Stimulation and MAPping: What to Expect; Chapter 8. Auditory-Verbal Communication: Why We Recommend It; Megan's Story
Chapter 9. Advocacy for Optimal Educational ArrangementsChapter 10. Quality of Life Following Cochlear Implantation in Early Childhood; A Letter to the Doctor; Resources; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (pages -218) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Roland, Peter S., author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|