Context providers [electronic resource] : conditions of meaning in media arts / edited by Margot Lovejoy, Christiane Paul, and Victoria Vesna.
- Bristol ; Chicago : Intellect, 2011.
1 online resource (360 p.)
- Art, Modern -- 21st century.
Art, Modern -- 20th century.
Art and society.
Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Electronic books.
- Blurring boundaries between many disciplines, Context Providers supplies a context and a rationale for discussing how technological change has affected the function of art, the role of the artist, and the way artistic productions are disseminated. It also explores how technologically networked environments increase the need for flexible information filters as a framework for establishing meaning. Moreover, Context Providers considers the work of media artists who are directly engaging the scientific community through collaboration and active dialogue.Context Providers will appeal to art histor
- Front Cover; Preliminary Pages; Contents; Part Three; Introduction; Part One; Defining Conditions For Digital Arts: Social Function, Authorship, and Audience; Missing In Action: Agency and Meaning In Interactive Art; Collaborative Systems: Redefining Public Art; Play, Participation, and Art: Blurring the Edges; Part Two; Contextual Networks: Data, Identity, and Collective Production; Aesthetics of Information Visualization; Identity Operated In New Mode: Context and Body/Space/Time; Game Engines As Creative Frameworks; Mapping the Collective
Shifting Media Contexts: When Scientific Labs Become Art StudiosBiotechnical Art and the Ethico-Aesthetic Paradigm; Working With Wetware; Defining Life: Artists Challenge Conventional Classifications; Art and Science Research: Active Contexts and Discourses; Index; Biographies; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lovejoy, Margot.
Bulajić, Viktorija Vesna.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|