Reforming Mary [electronic resource] : changing images of the Virgin Mary in Lutheran sermons of the sixteenth century / Beth Kreitzer.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Oxford studies in historical theology.
Oxford studies in historical theology
1 online resource (251 p.)
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Sermons -- History and criticism.
Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- History of doctrines -- 16th century.
Lutheran Church -- Sermons -- History and criticism.
Sermons, German -- History and criticism.
Sermons, Latin -- History and criticism.
Lutheran Church -- Doctrines -- History -- 16th century.
- Electronic books.
- Catholics and Protestants have, since the start of the Reformation, held markedly different views about the Virgin Mary. Beth Kreitzner here examines the development of Lutheran views on the subject as expressed in published 16th century sermons, including some written by Luther himself.
- Contents; List of Abbreviations; Introduction; 1. The Annunciation; 2. The Visitation; 3. The Purification of Mary, or Candlemas; 4. Mary in Luke 2:41-52: A Family Visit to Jerusalem; 5. The Wedding at Cana; 6. Other Marian Holidays and Herrenfesten; Conclusion; Appendix: Biographies of Lutheran Preachers; Notes; Bibliography; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T ; V; W; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -223) and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|