Geriatric nursing [electronic resource] : growth of a specialty / Priscilla Ebersole, Theris A. Touhy.
- Other records:
- New York : Springer Pub. Co., c2006.
1 online resource (316 p.)
- Geriatric nursing -- United States -- History.
Nurses -- United States -- Biography.
- Electronic books.
- With five years in interviewed contributions from the pioneers of geriatric nursing who laid the foundations for the profession to the geriatric nurse leaders who continue the specialty today, we are given the opportunity to see first-hand how geriatric nursing began, evolved, and continues to flourish. Covering the scope of the specialty?how to become a geriatric nurse, what organizations and publications exist in the field, standards of practice, certification and licensure, and future directions?this text provides both inspirational stories of nursing and practical information on how you ca
- History and development of geriatric nursing
Geriatric nurse pioneers and their contributions
Nurses in action : the second generation
Geriatric nurse leaders today
Recognition of geriatric care as a specialty practice
Geriatric nursing organizations and affiliates
Educational programs and publications for geriatric and gerontological nurses
Nursing research and geriatric care
Elements of attracting nurses to the field
Nursing and the future care of the aged : possibilities and opportunities.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 277-294) and index.
- Touhy, Theris A.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|