A controversial spirit [electronic resource] : evangelical awakenings in the South / Philip N. Mulder.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Religion in America series (Oxford University Press)
Religion in America series
1 online resource (244 p.)
- Evangelistic work -- United States -- History.
Religious awakening -- Christianity -- History.
- Electronic books.
- According to the author, during the era of awakenings and revival, the various denominations in the Southern States of the USA shared the same goal of saving souls but disagreed over the correct definition of true religion and conversion.
- Contents; Introduction; 1. Good Reasons to Believe; 2. Believe and Be Baptized; 3. Experimental Religion; 4. Contending for Liberty; 5. Sowing and Reaping; 6. Choosing God's People; 7. The Highest Original; Conclusion; Notes; Selected Bibliography; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-226) and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|