Best practices in nursing education [electronic resource] : stories of exemplary teachers / [edited by] Mary Jane Smith, Joyce J. Fitzpatrick.
- New York : Springer Pub., c2006.
1 online resource (233 p.)
- Nursing -- Study and teaching.
Nursing schools -- Faculty -- Biography.
Nursing schools -- Faculty -- Vocational guidance.
- Electronic books.
- Who better to learn from about teaching than teachers themselves?. Written by teachers and about teachers, this book is for graduate students in nursing education as well as mid-career nurse educators. This volume features narratives based on interviews with twenty-one distinguished teachers of nursing. Selected by the editors based on personal experiences with them as teachers or mentors, their current stature in the nursing education community, or because they are recipients of national teaching awards, these teachers provide multiple role models for career development and offer a plethora o
- Contents; List of Tables; Acknowledgments; Contributors; Foreword; Preface; CHAPTER 1 Introduction; CHAPTER 2 Diane M. Billings; CHAPTER 3 Rosemary Donley; CHAPTER 4 Florence S. Downs; CHAPTER 5 Vernice Ferguson; CHAPTER 6 M. Louise Fitzpatrick; CHAPTER 7 William L. Holzemer; CHAPTER 8 Pamela Ironside; CHAPTER 9 Pamela R. Jeffries; CHAPTER 10 Patricia R. Liehr; CHAPTER 11 E. Jane Martin; CHAPTER 12 Angela Barron McBride; CHAPTER 13 Diana Lynn Morris; CHAPTER 14 Adeline Nyamathi; CHAPTER 15 Marilyn Oermann; CHAPTER 16 Lynn Rew; CHAPTER 17 Grayce M. Sills; CHAPTER 18 Ursula Springer
CHAPTER 19 Christine A. TannerCHAPTER 20 Kimberly Adams Tufts; CHAPTER 21 Suzanne Van Ort; CHAPTER 22 May L. Wykle; CHAPTER 23 Joyce J. Fitzpatrick; CHAPTER 24 Mary Jane Smith; CHAPTER 25 Tips and Techniques for Teachers; Acknowledgment of Survey Participants; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 182) and index.
- Smith, Mary Jane, 1938-
Fitzpatrick, Joyce J., 1944-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|