Perverts and predators [electronic resource] : the making of sexual offending laws / Laura J. Zilney and Lisa Anne Zilney.
- Other records:
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2009.
- Issues in crime & justice (Lanham, Md.)
Issues in crime & justice
1 online resource (226 p.)
- Sex offenders -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.
Sex offenders -- Psychology -- United States.
Sex crimes -- United States.
Sex crimes -- United States -- History.
Sex crimes -- Psychological aspects -- United States.
Child molesters -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Perverts and Predators is the only available work that deals in-depth with the laws against sexual offending and highlights the significant role of the media in shaping sex offender legislation. The authors provide analysis of sexual offending from the unique perspectives of sexology and criminology, maintaining the premise that sex and sexuality are positive and healthy and that the only way to deal with the issue of sexual offending is through sex positive education and counseling.
- The role of religion
The medical model
Is there any explanation?
Historical sexual offending laws
Laws, laws, and more laws
Counting the problem
Considering the victims
Can treatment work?
Looking beyond U.S. policies.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-204) and index.
- Zilney, Lisa Anne.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|