Dried fruits [electronic resource] : phytochemicals and health effects / edited by Cesarettin Alasalvar, Fereidoon Shahidi.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Phytochemicals and health applications
- Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
- Hui: Food Science and Technology
Functional food science and technology series
1 online resource (510 p.)
- Dried fruit -- Health aspects.
Phytochemicals -- Health aspects.
- Electronic books.
- Dried fruits serve as important healthful snack items around the world. They provide a concentrated form of fresh fruits, prepared by different drying techniques. With their unique combination of taste/aroma, essential nutrients, fibre, and phytochemicals or bioactive compounds, dried fruits are convenient for healthy eating and can bridge the gap between recommended intake of fruits and actual consumption. Dried fruits are nutritionally equivalent to fresh fruits, in smaller serving sizes, in the current dietary recommendations of various countries. Scientific evidence suggests that indivi
- pt. 1. Dried berries
pt. 2. Nontropical dried fruits
pt. 3. Tropical dried fruits.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Alasalvar, Cesarettin.
Shahidi, Fereidoon, 1951-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|