Bringing back the child : language development after extreme deprivation / Lisa J. Brown and Peter E. Jones ; with a foreword by Joy Stackhouse.
- Other records:
- Newcastle upon Tyne, England : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014.
- Children and childhoods ; 4.
Children and Childhoods ; 4
1 online resource (272 p.)
- Children -- Language.
Children -- Language -- Ability testing.
- Electronic books.
- This book presents a unique, multi-faceted investigation of the language abilities of three older adopted Romanian orphans who experienced extreme deprivation in their early years. Serena, Gabrielle and Ingrid were aged 7 years, 6 years and nearly 4 years, respectively, when rescued by UK families from the orphanages where they were placed at or around their birth. In these institutions, an absence of social and psychological stimulation, nutritious food and physical exercise had left them completely dependent on care staff for their most basic needs, and effectively without language. The book
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS; LIST OF FIGURES; LIST OF TABLES; TRANSCRIPTION CONVENTIONSFOR CONVERSATIONAL DATA; FOREWORD; INTRODUCTION ; CHAPTER ONE; CHAPTER TWO; CHAPTER THREE; CHAPTER FOUR; CHAPTER FIVE; CHAPTER SIX; CHAPTER SEVEN; CHAPTER EIGHT; BIBLIOGRAPHY; INDEX OF NAMES; SUBJECT INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed February 18, 2015).
- Jones, Peter E., author.
Stackhouse, Joy, author of introduction, etc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|