Understanding organ donation [electronic resource] : applied behavioral science perspectives / edited by Jason T. Siegel and Eusebio M. Alvaro.
- Chichester, West Sussex, U.K. ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
- Conference Name:
- Claremont Symposium on Applied Social Psychology (24th : 2007)
- Blackwell/Claremont Applied Social Psychology Series
Blackwell/Claremont Applied Social Psychology Series
1 online resource (392 p.)
- Donation of organs, tissues, etc. -- Psychological aspects.
Clinical health psychology.
- Electronic books.
- This highly important book introduces the realm of organ donation, providing an overview of the current situation, highlighting the challenges, summarizing past research, and providing guidance for future research.The first book to bridge the gap between applied research and the social and behavioral issues surrounding organ donationAn impressive collection of contributors from a range of both practitioners and scientists actively working in the fieldProvides a concrete example of how evidence-based research and theory can be applied with real-world valueExpl
- Understanding Organ Donation; Contents; List of Contributors; Preface; Acknowledgments; Introduction and Overview; 1 Applying Psychology to Health Behavior Interventions: Not Last Decade's Approach; 2 Organ Donation: An Overview of the Field; Part I Media and Community Interventions; 3 Where Have We Been and Where to Next: A Review and Synthesis of Organ Donation Media Campaigns; 4 The Effectiveness of the Donate Life
African American Campaign in Minneapolis-St. Paul; 5 Organ Donation and Transplantation: A New Tradition of Sharing for Alaska Natives
6 First-Person Consent Ohio Donor Registry: The Influence of the First-Person Consent Registry on Increasing Organ Donation7 Improving Organ Donation in Chinese Communities in New York: Perspectives From Consortium Partners; 8 Intervention Research With American Indian, Alaska Native, and First Nations Communities: An Organ and Tissue Donation Exemplar; Part II Organizational Interventions; 9 Behavioral Research in Hospital Settings: The Family Communication Coordinator (FCC) Protocol and Research Applications in Organ Donation
10 Design and Evaluation of Work Site Promotions of Organ Donation: Real-World Challenges and Strategies to Address Them11 Home Care Association of Louisiana (HCLA) Donate Life Workplace Partnership for Organ and Tissue Donation; 12 Promoting Organ Donation Through College Student Campaigns; 13 Take Time to Talk: Improving Communication Between Recovery Professionals and Funeral Directors; 14 The Challenges of Conducting and Evaluating Organ Donation Campaigns; Part III Broad Perspectives and Future Directions
15 Community Organizations and Applied Research: Project Initiation, Implementation, and Dealing With Those Applied Researchers16 Evaluating the Effects of Community-Based Health Interventions: Seeking Impact and Saving Lives via Organ and Tissue Donation Promotion Efforts; 17 The Value of Qualitative Studies of Interpersonal Conversations About Health Topics: A Study of Family Discussions of Organ Donation and Illustrations; 18 Ethically and Effectively Advancing Living Donation: How Should It Be Done?; 19 A Dawning Recognition of Factors for Increasing Donor Registration: The IIFF Model
20 There's Nothing So Practical . . . Theoretical Translations and Organ DonationAuthor Index; Subject Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Siegel, Jason T.
Alvaro, Eusebio M.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|