Healing arts therapies and person-centered dementia care [electronic resource] / edited by Anthea Innes and Karen Hatfield.
- London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, c2002.
- Bradford Dementia Group good practice guides.
Bradford Dementia Group good practice guides
1 online resource (139 p.)
- Dementia -- Patients -- Care.
Dementia -- Treatment.
- Electronic books.
- Offering practical advice for arts therapists and health care professionals, this book emphasizes the importance of putting the individual before the illness to provide holistic, person-centred support for people with dementia. The contributors show how music, dance and the visual arts can be used with person-centred care to promote wellbeing.
- Healing Arts Therapies and Person-Centered Dementia Care; Contents; Preface; Introduction; 1 From the Heart into Art: Person-Centered Art Therapy; 2 Dance/Movement Therapy: Partners in Personhood; 3 Principles of Person-Centered Care in Music Therapy; Conclusion; List of Contributors; References; Subject index; Author Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 125-128) and indexes.
- Hatfield, Karen, 1967-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|