Agricultural growth for the poor [electronic resource] : an agenda for development.
- Washington, D.C. : World Bank, c2005.
- Directions in development (Washington, D.C.)
Directions in development
- Government document
1 online resource (228 p.)
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- Developing countries.
Agriculture and state -- Developing countries.
Agricultural development projects -- Developing countries.
Agricultural assistance -- Developing countries.
Public-private sector cooperation -- Developing countries.
Poverty -- Developing countries.
Poor -- Developing countries.
- Electronic books.
- The majority of the world's poor depend directly or indirectly on agriculture. Despite the strong linkages between broad-based agricultural growth and poverty reduction, international support to agriculture sharply declined from the late 1980s. The need to raise agriculture's prominence in the development agenda has never been greater. This book seeks to articulate the World Bank's Rural Strategy on agriculture to the wider development community. It provides decision makers with the rationale for supporting agriculture by presenting the lessons learned on the policies, institutions, and priori
- Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Acronyms; Executive Summary; 1. The Role of Agricultural Growth in Development Strategies to Benefit the Poor; Boxes; Figures; Tables; 2. The Rapidly Changing Context for Agriculture: Challenges and Opportunities; 3. Policies and Institutions to Accelerate Agricultural Growth for the Poor; 4. Public Investments for Pro-Poor Growth; 5. Tailoring Development Support to Diverse Agricultural Systems; 6. Getting Agriculture Back on the Development Agenda; Endnotes; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 175-184) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|