New creation in Paul's letters and thought [electronic resource] / Moyer V. Hubbard.
- Other records:
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- Monograph series (Society for New Testament Studies) ; 119.
Society for New Testament Studies monograph series ; 119
1 online resource (309 p.)
- Theological anthropology -- Biblical teaching.
Creation -- Biblical teaching.
Bible. N.T. Epistles of Paul -- Theology.
Bible. O.T. -- Theology.
- Electronic books.
- Moyer V. Hubbard offers a full investigation of Paul's understanding of 'new creation', working closely with the language of his letters to unpack, in socio-anthropological context, the images and metaphors he uses. Hubbard examines other approaches to the topic, providing a new perspective on the Pauline oeuvre and its meaning.
- Cover; Half-title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; CONTENTS; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; ABBREVIATIONS; 1 INTRODUCTION; PART I New creation: central Jewish texts; PART II From death to life: new creation in the contours of Paul s thought; PART III The old and the new: new creation in the context of Paul s letters; REFERENCES; INDEX OF PASSAGES CITED; INDEX OF MODERN AUTHORS
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral)--University of Oxford, 1998.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 242-267) and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|