Peptides in energy balance and obesity [electronic resource] / edited by Gema Frühbeck.
- Other records:
- Wallingford, UK ; Cambridge, MA : CABI Pub. in association with the Nutrition Society, c2009.
- Frontiers in nutritional science ; no. 4.
Frontiers in nutritional science ; no. 4
1 online resource (410 p.)
- Peptide hormones.
Obesity -- Pathophysiology.
- Electronic books.
- Obesity is one of the relevant public health concerns and it is evident that body weight control is achieved through highly integrated physiological interactions like nutrient selection. Presenting an account of the roles of specific peptides in energy balance, this title provides an understanding of the patho-physiology of energy balance.
- Contents; Contributors; Preface; Part I: Central Pathways Involved in the Control of Food Intake and Energy Expenditure; 1. Orexigenic Peptides; 2. Anorexigenic Peptides; 3. Newcomers and Supporting Actors; Part II: Peripheral Signals Participating in Energy Homeostasis and Obesity-associated Alterations; 4. The Gut as a Second Brain; 5. Elements of the Adipostat; 6. Natriuretic Peptides and Other Lipolytic Peptides Involved in the Control of Lipid Mobilization in Humans; 7. The Adipo-Hepato-Insular Axis in Glucose Homeostasis; 8. Adipokines in the Immune-Stress Response
9. Peptides Involved in Vascular HomeostasisPart III: Integrative Perspectives; 10. Hierarchy of Neural Pathways Controlling Energy Homeostasis; 11. Energy Regulatory Signals and Food Reward; 12. Embracing Complexity: The Emergence of Functional Neuroimaging and Other Methodologies to Study the Role of the Human Brain in the Pathophysiology of Obesity; 13. Overview of the Integrative Physiology of Adipose Tissue in Energy Homeostasis; 14. Application of 'Omic' Strategies to Obesity Research; 15. Implications for the Future of Obesity Management; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; L; M; N; O; P
RS; T; U; V; W; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Frühbeck, Gema.
Nutrition Society (Great Britain)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|