Stephen Colbert and philosophy [electronic resource] : I am philosophy (and so can you!) / edited by Aaron Allen Schiller.
- Chicago : Open Court, c2009.
- Popular culture and philosophy ; v. 41.
Popular culture and philosophy ; v. 41
1 online resource (289 p.)
- Colbert, Stephen, 1964- -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Electronic books.
- At the head of The Colbert Report, one of the most popular shows on television, Stephen Colbert is a pop culture phenomenon. More than one million people backed his fake candidacy in the 2008 U.S. presidential election on Facebook, a testament to the particularly rich set of issues and emotions Colbert brings to mind. Stephen Colbert and Philosophy is crammed with thoughtful and amusing chapters, each written by a philosopher and all focused on Colbert's inimitable reality ? from his word creations (truthiness, wikiality, freem, and others) to his position as a faux-pundit w
- Dedication; Contents; Acknowledgments; Philosophy for Heroes; First Segment; 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; Second Segment; 6; 7; 8; 9; Third Segment; 10; 11; 12; 13; Final Segment; 14; 15; 16; Take the Ishihara Race Test; Citizens of the Colbert Nation; Factinista's Choice
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Schiller, Aaron Allen, 1974-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|