Coffee Culture, Destinations and Tourism / Lee Jolliffe.
- Bristol, UK; Blue Ridge Summit, PA : Channel View Publications, 
- Tourism and cultural change.
Tourism and Cultural Change
1 online resource (245 p.)
- Coffee -- Social aspects.
Coffee industry -- Social aspects.
Coffee industry -- Economic aspects.
Culture and tourism.
- Electronic books.
- This book explores the various aspects of coffee culture around the globe, relating the rich history of this beverage and the surroundings where it is produced and consumed to coffee destination development and to the visitor experience. Coffee and tourism venues explored range from the café districts of Australia, Canada, Germany and New Zealand to the traditional and touristic coffee houses of Malaysia and Cyprus to coffee-producing destinations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Pacific. This is a must-read for those interested in understanding coffee in relation to hospitality and tourism. Readers should gain a new appreciation of the potential for coffee-related tourism to contribute to both destination development and pro-poor tourism objectives.
Chapter 1. Common Grounds of Coffee and Tourism
Chapter 2. Coffee Servicescapes: The Design of Café Culture in New Zealand
Chapter 3. Café Culture and Conversation: Tourism and Urban(e) Experiences in Wellington, New Zealand
Chapter 4. From the World Coffee Conference to the Local Café: Coffee Events Large and Small
Chapter 5. Coffee-house Culture and Tourism in Cyprus: A Traditionalized Experience
Chapter 6. Coffee in Vietnam: International Tourist Experiences
Chapter 7. Coffee Culture, Heritage and Destination Image: Melbourne and the Italian Model
Chapter 8. Coffee and Coffee Tourism in Kona, Hawai'i- Surviving in the Niche
Chapter 9. Serendipitous Coffee Experiences in Papua New Guinea
Chapter 10. Blending Coffee and Fair Trade Hospitality
Chapter 11. Canada’s Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-operative Coffee Tour Venture
Chapter 12. Beyond Fair Trade: Enhancing the Livelihoods of Coffee Farmers in Tanzania
Chapter 13. La Ruta del Café and Los Santos Coffee Tourism: A Central America Project to Develop Coffee-related Tourism to Augment Coffee Families’ Incomes
Chapter 14. Coffee and Tourism Research Directions
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 07. Jul 2020)
- Jolliffe, Lee, editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.21832/9781845411442 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|