Energy efficient cities [electronic resource] : assessment tools and benchmarking practices / edited by Ranjan K. Bose.
- Washington, D.C. : World Bank, c2010.
- Conference Name:
- Urban Research Symposium (5th : 2009 : Marseille, France)
- Marseilles Symposium
1 online resource (422 p.)
- Cities and towns -- Energy consumption -- Congresses.
Energy policy -- Congresses.
City planning -- Congresses.
Urban policy -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Energy is intrinsic to urban settlements, embedded in the built environment, and directly used to power socio-economic activity, transport and communications, and enable the provision of municipal services. In response to the crucial role of urban energy efficiency for environmentally sustainable and inclusive development processes, ESMAP's Energy Efficient Cities Initiative (EECI) was launched in October 2008 to facilitate the implementation of practical energy solutions that meet the development priorities of cities, and simultaneously build their climate resilience. Chapter 1 begins with a
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Chapter 1: The Imperative of Efficient Energy Use in Cities: Analytical Approaches and Good Practices; Chapter 2: SynCity: An Integrated Tool Kit for Urban Energy Systems Modeling; Chapter 3: City-Scale Integrated Assessment of Climate Impacts, Adaptation, and Mitigation; Chapter 4: Using an Integrated Assessment Model for Urban Development to Respond to Climate Change in Cities; Chapter 5: Green Star and NABERS: Learning from the Australian Experience with Green Building Rating Tools
Chapter 6: Efficient Lighting Market Transformation in the Making-The Philippine ExperienceChapter 7: The Role of Information and Communication Technologies for Demand Responsive Transport; Chapter 8: Getting to Carbon Neutral: A Review of Best Practices in Infrastructure Strategy; Chapter 9: Supporting Energy Efficient Solutions in Developing Countries: The Way Ahead; Index; Appendix; Back cover
- Papers presented during the Energy Sector Management Assistance Programme's sessions at the 5th Urban Research Symposium held in Marseille, France from June 28-30, 2009.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Energy Sector Management Assistance Programme.
Bose, Ranjan K.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|