The Bully Society [electronic resource] : School Shootings and the Crisis of Bullying in America’s Schools / Jessie Klein.
- New York : New York University Press, c2012.
- Intersections (New York, N.Y.)
1 online resource (320 p.)
- School discipline -- United States.
School shootings -- United States.
Bullying in schools -- United States.
Bullying -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- In today's schools, kids abusing kids is not an occasional occurrence but rather an everyday reality where children learn early that being sensitive, respectful, and kind earns them no respect. Jessie Klein makes the provocative argument that the rise of school shootings across America, and childhood aggression more broadly, are the consequences of a society that actually promotes aggressive and competitive behaviour. The Bully Society is a call to reclaim America's schools from the vicious cycle of aggression that threatens our children and our society at large. Heartbreaking interviews illum
- Cover; Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction: The Gender Police; 1 Social Status Wars; 2 Masculinity and White Supremacy; 3 Violence against Girls; 4 Gay Bashing; 5 Girl Bashing; 6 Cyber-Bullying; 7 Adult Bullies; 8 The Bully Economy; 9 America Is from Mars, Europe Is from Venus; 10 Creating Kinder Schools and Cyberspaces; Conclusion: From a Bully Society to Compassionate Communities; Appendix: Methodology; Notes; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z; About the Author
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 257-285) and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|