Scars of War [electronic resource] : The Impact of Warfare on Modern China / edited by Diana Lary and Stephen MacKinnon.
- Vancouver, B.C. : UBC Press, c2001.
- Contemporary Chinese studies,
Contemporary Chinese studies, 1206-9523
1 online resource (227 p.)
- Atrocities -- China -- History -- 20th century.
War and society -- China -- History -- 20th century.
China -- Social conditions -- 1949-.
China -- Social conditions -- 1912-1949.
- Electronic books.
- Intro; Contents; Illustrations; and Tables; Preface; Scars of War; Introduction; Ravaged by a string of wars; 1 Burn, Kill, Rape, and Rob: Military Atrocities, Warlordism, and Anti- Warlordism in Republican China; The people are plunged into an abyss of misery; 2 The Pacification of Jiading; The people are plunged into the depths of suffering; 3 Atrocities in Nanjing: Searching for Explanations; The family is destroyed and the people are lost and gone; 4 A Ravaged Place: The Devastation of the Xuzhou Region, 1938; Destitute and homeless
5 Refugee Flight at the Outset of the Anti- Japanese WarThe turmoil and chaos of war; 6 The Politics of Commemoration: A Comparative Analysis of the Fiftieth- Anniversary Commemoration in Mainland China and Taiwan of the Victory in the Anti- Japanese War; Separated from one's wife, one's children scattered; 7 Between Martyrdom and Mischief: The Political and Social Predicament of CCP War Widows and Veterans, 1949- 66; Glossary; Bibliography; Contributors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- MacKinnon, Stephen R.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|