Scientific networking and the global health network supercourse [electronic resource] / ed. by R. Laporte and F. Linkov.
- Amterdam ; Washington, D.C : IOS Press, 2006.
- NATO security through science series. Information and communication security ; D, v. 5.
NATO security through science series. D, Information and communication security ; v. 5
1 online resource (220 p.)
- Emergency management -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Technologies such as the Internet, telecommunications, and others, have a potential to help us prepare for disasters, however, oftentimes scientists are not taking advantage of them. This work focuses on the importance of the networking of scientists researching the area of natural and man-made disasters, to try to prepare the world better.
- Title page; Scientific Networking and the Global Health Network Supercourse: Introduction; Acknowledgements; Contents; Scientific Networking and the Global Health Network Supercourse; Methodologies for Preparedness for Disaster Situations: Examples from NATO Countries; Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation: Environmental Health Issues; Public Health Preparedness Case Studies; Author Index
- International conference proceedings.
Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Scientific Networking and the Global Health Network Supercourse for the Prevention of Man Made and Natural Disasters; Kaunas, Lithuania, 8-11 August 2005.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|