What More in/for Science Education : a An Ethnomethodological Perspective / Wolff-Michael Roth.
- Leiden; Boston : Brill | Sense, 2013.
- New Directions in Mathematics and Science Education ; 27.
New directions in mathematics and science education ; v. 27
New Directions in Mathematics and Science Education ; 27
1 online resource (189 p.)
- Science -- Study and teaching.
- Electronic books.
- What more is there in and for science education to do in terms of researching science lessons? A lot, the author suggests, if research turns away from studying science education extracting social facts using special methods, which journal articles require to state, to studying the work and methods by means of which participants themselves create their structured world of science lessons. This book presents, with concrete materials from an inquiry-oriented physics course, a way of doing science education research that radically differs from existing approaches. This book articulates this approach for a science education audience, where this approach is by and large unknown, and where the primary literature is often experienced as impenetrable and as requiring years of work to gain entry. Consistent with this different approach, those materials are used that constitute the way in which the reflexive production of social order is observed by the actors (teachers, students) themselves.
- Preliminary Material
Ethnomethodology in/for Science Education
Glosses and Glossing Practices
The Work of Doing a Change of Plans
Endogenous Production of Order in Science Lessons
In the Midst of the Thickets
Knowledge and (Institutional) Power
The Actor’s Point of View
Planned, Enacted, & Living Science Curriculum
So What (More) Is in It for Science Education?
Appendix A: Transcription Conventions
Appendix B: Transcripts
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-94-6209-254-9 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|