Chaucer at Large [electronic resource] : The Poet in the Modern Imagination
- Other records:
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 2000.
- Medieval Cultures
1 online resource (220 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Chaucer, Geoffrey. (search)
Middle Ages in literature. (search)
- Electronic books.
- In this learned, lively, and wide-ranging book, Steve Ellis conducts us on a tour of the appearances that the greatest writer of Middle English has made throughout English-speaking culture in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Surveying the uses to which Chaucer has been put in modern times, Ellis presents a compelling picture that goes beyond the figure and work of this eminent writer to show us the reach of his imaginative power."An attractively lucid book, highly intelligent, perceptive, wide-ranging, but also modestly written. The story Ellis has to tell is often quite extraordin
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; 1. Kelmscott Chaucer; 2. Popular Chaucer; 3. Spoken Chaucer; 4. Children's Chaucer; 5. English Chaucer; 6. Writers' Chaucer; 7. Translated Chaucer; 8. Performance Chaucer; 9. Novel Chaucer; 10. Concluding Chaucer; Notes; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|