L2 Writing Development: Multiple Perspectives / Rosa Manchón.
- Other records:
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter Mouton, 
- Trends in applied linguistics ; 6.
Trends in Applied Linguistics [TAL] ; 6
1 online resource (268 p.)
- Second language acquisition.
Language and languages -- Study and teaching.
- Electronic books.
- The aim of this pioneering volume is to advance our understanding of written language learning in instructed SLA by offering a collection of empirical studies in which the contribution of diverse theoretical perspectives to our understanding of L2 writing development will be explored. As such, the book represents a further attempt to situate written language learning at the core of applied linguistics research, in general, and SLA research, in particular, hence attempting to redress the oral bias of theoretical and empirical work in these fields. It adds a further building block onto recent TESOL initiatives aimed at understanding "development" in second and foreign language learning. Continuity from one chapter to another is provided by adherence to a consistent chapter model. The volume will be of great interest to academics in the disciplines of second/foreign language acquisition (SLA) and second/foreign language (L2) writing.
Chapter 1. Multiple perspectives in the study of L2 writing development: An introduction / Manchón, Rosa M.
Chapter 2. Foreign language writing development from a dynamic usage based perspective / Verspoor, Marjolijn / Smiskova, Hana
Chapter 3 Writing across languages in a bilingual context: A Dynamic Systems Theory approach / De Angelis, Gessica / Jessner, Ulrike
Chapter 4. Feedback and writing development through collaboration: A socio-cultural approach / Wigglesworth, Gillian / Storch, Neomy
Chapter 5. Understanding L2 writing development from a multicompetence perspective: Dynamic repertoires of knowledge and text construction / Kobayashi, Hiroe / Rinnert, Carol
Chapter 6. Goal theory and second-language writing development, two ways / Cumming, Alister
Chapter 7. A rhetorical genre theory perspective on L2 writing development / Tardy, Christine M.
Chapter 8. Conceptualizing FL writing development in collegiate settings: A genre-based systemic functional linguistic approach / Byrnes, Heidi
Chapter 9. Investigating L2 writing development from multiple perspectives: Issues in theory and research / Norris, John M. / Manchón, Rosa M.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Manchón, Rosa , editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781934078303 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|