Improving the visibility and use of digital repositories through SEO [electronic resource] Kenning Arlitsch and Patrick S. OBrien.
- Chicago, Ill. : ALA TechSource, c2013.
- LITA guides Improving the visibility and use of digital repositories through SEO
1 online resource (138 p.)
- Library Web sites -- Design.
Library Web sites -- Statistical methods.
Web search engines.
Electronic information resources -- Management.
Libraries and the Internet.
- Electronic books.
- Recent OCLC surveys show that less than 2 percent of library users begin their search on a library website, which is why search engine optimization (SEO) is so crucial. And though a survey of faculty researchers at four major universities showed that most consider Google and Google Scholar amazingly effective for their research, low Google Scholar indexing ratios for library institutional repositories is widespread because it ignores common library metadata. Arlitsch and OBrien, who have presented and published widely on the topic, show how to ensure that high-value content is visible to resea
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from title page (ebrary, viewed September 11, 2013).
- OBrien, Patrick S., 1963-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|