Russian foreign policy [electronic resource] : the return of great power politics / Jeffrey Mankoff.
- Other records:
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, MD : Rowman & Littlefield, c2012.
1 online resource (590 p.)
- Russia (Federation) -- History -- 21st century.
Russia (Federation) -- Foreign relations -- 21st century.
- Electronic books.
- Now thoroughly updated, this widely praised book provides a thoughtful and balanced examination of the development of Russian foreign policy since the end of the Cold War. This edition also places developments of the past two decades into the broader sweep of Russian history. Presenting an even-handed treatment of controversial issues, Jeffrey Mankoff analyzes Russia's interactions with major global actors, including the United States, the European Union, the Commonwealth of Independent States, and China. The author convincingly demonstrates that despite Moscow's often-harsh
- Acknowledgments; Prologue; Abbreviations; Introduction The Guns of August; 1 Contours of Russian Foreign Policy; 2 Bulldogs Fighting under the Rug The Making of Russian Foreign Policy; 3 Resetting Expectations Russia and the United States; 4 Europe Between Integration and Confrontation; 5 Rising China and Russia's Asian Vector; 6 Playing with Home Field Advantage? Russia and Its Post-Soviet Neighbors; Conclusion Dealing with Russia's Foreign Policy Reawakening; Notes; About the Author
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|