Early detection and management of mental disorders [electronic resource] / edited by Mario Maj ... [et al.].
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Hoboken, NJ : J. Wiley, c2005.
- World Psychiatric Association
World Psychiatric Association
1 online resource (318 p.)
- Mental illness -- Diagnosis.
Mental illness -- Treatment.
- Electronic books.
- Research evidence concerning the precursors (a sign or symptom that heralds another) and prodromes (an early or premonitory symptom of a disease) of the various mental disorders is growing but is at present widely dispersed and inaccessible. Clinicians have to rely on their own experience, which is often limited, when faced with several delicate diagnostic and treatment issues. This book aims to approach for the first time in a comprehensive way this emerging area of clinical psychiatry.The World Health Organisation has found that mental disorders such as depression and psychosis rank
- Early Detection and Management of Mental Disorders; Contents; List of Contributors; Preface; Chapter 1 Prodromal Symptoms and Early Detection of Schizophrenia; Chapter 2 The Management of Early Psychosis; Chapter 3 Children of Persons with Schizophrenia: An Overview of Empirical Research; Chapter 4 Detection and Management of Bipolar Disorder in Children and Adolescents; Chapter 5 Detecting the Risk for Affective Spectrum Disorders in the Children of Bipolar Parents; Chapter 6 The ""Difficult"" Child: Main Underlying Syndromes and Differential Diagnosis
Chapter 7 Precursors, Prodromes and Early Detection of Eating DisordersChapter 8 Precursors, Early Detection and Prevention of Anxiety Disorders; Chapter 9 Early Recognition and Management of Depression in Primary Care; Chapter 10 The Prodromes and Early Detection of Alzheimer's Disease; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Maj, Mario, 1953-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|