Truth and its deformities [electronic resource] / editors, Peter A. French, Howard K. Wettstein.
- Boston, Mass. : Blackwell Pub., c2008.
- Midwest studies in philosophy ; v. 32.
Midwest studies in philosophy, 0363-6550 ; v. 32
1 online resource (341 p.)
- Electronic books.
- Truth and Its Deformities is the 32nd volume in the Midwest Studies in Philosophy series. It contains major new contributions on a range of topics related to the general theme of the volume by some of the most important philosophers writing on truth in recent years.
- Midwest Studies in Philosophy: Truth and its Deformities, Volume XXXII; Content; Truth and Meaning: In Perspective; The Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth; Believing at Will; Common Sense as Evidence: Against Revisionary Ontology and Skepticism; Why We Should Prefer Knowledge; Knowledge, Truth, and Bullshit: Reflections on Frankfurt; Pragmatism on Solidarity, Bullshit, and other Deformities of Truth; Alethic Pluralism, Logical Consequence and the Universality of Reason; Grading, Sorting, and the Sorites; Where the Paths Meet: Remarks on Truth and Paradox; Pointless Truth
Indeterminate TruthTruth in Semantics; Being and Truth; Quine's Ladder: Two and a Half Pages from the Philosophy of Logic; Truth-definitions and Definitional Truth
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- French, Peter A.
Wettstein, Howard K.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|