Changing the U.S. health care system : key issues in health services policy and management / Gerald F. Kominski, editor.
- 4th ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 
1 online resource (848 p.)
- Health care reform -- United States.
Medical policy -- United States.
Medical care -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- The Fourth Edition of Changing the U.S. Health Care System addresses the key topics in health care policy and management, presenting evidence-based views of current issues. Each chapter is written by an expert in the field who integrates evidence to explain the current condition and presents support for needed change. The book examines all the levers in the setting and implementation of health policy, and includes extensive coverage of impact of the Affordable Care Act, particularly on Medicare, Medicaid, and large and small group insurance markets. Also new to this edition is
- Changing the U.S. health care system: the patient protection and affordable care act
Improving access to care in America
Ethnic disparities in health status
Racial and ethnic disparities in health care
Multilevel social determinants of health
Public policies to extend health care coverage
Private health insurance
Measuring health care costs and trends
Containing health care costs
Promoting pharmaceutical access while controlling prices and expenditures
Measuring health-related quality of life and other outcomes
Evaluating the quality of care
Public release of information on quality
Health care information systems
Performance measurement of nursing care
Long-term services and supports for the elderly population
Hiv and aids in the twenty-first century
Health reform for children and families
Changing the US health care delivery system
Public health and clinical care
Strengthening the safety net
Ethical issues in public health and health services.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed November 24, 2013).
- Kominski, Gerald F.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|