Exemplar methods and research : strategies for investigation / M. Kyle Matsuba, Pamela Ebstyne King, Kendall Cotton Bronk, editors.
- San Francisco, California : Jossey-Bass, 2013.
- New directions for child and adolescent development ; no. 142.
New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, 1534-8687 ; Number 15
1 online resource (97 p.)
- Developmental psychology -- Research.
Research -- Methodology.
Research -- Moral and ethical aspects.
Environmentalists -- Research.
- Electronic books.
- This issue: Defines and describes exemplar research methodsProvides the case for their importance in revealing aspects of human functioning and its development, which are often neglected within traditional, mainstream psychology and allied disciplinesGives a glimpse into the growing depth and breadth of exemplar research within and beyond the moral domainDelivers insight into some of the complex contextual issues that emerge when studying human phenomena from this methodological perspectiveProvides critical commentary to help the reader determi
- Exemplar Methods and Research: Strategies for Investigation; Contents; 1 An Introduction to Exemplar Research: A Definition, Rationale, and Conceptual Issues; Definition and Use; Strengths of the Exemplar Methodology; Conceptual Issues in Applying the Exemplar Methodology; The Current Volume; References; 2 Why a True Account of Human Development Requires Exemplar Research; The Nature and Sources of Morality; Moral Formation in Exemplary 20th Century Leaders; References; 3 Exemplars' Moral Behavior Is Self-Regarding; Why Study Moral Exemplars?; Real-World Behaviors; Expanding the Moral Domain
Person-Level AnalysesReverse Engineering; Ethical Ideals; Appropriating Morality; Notions of Moral Exemplarity; Situational Challenge; Moral Core; Synergistic Integration of Agency and Communion; Conclusion; References; 4 Cultural and Contextual Issues in Exemplar Research; Cross-Cultural, Cultural, and Indigenous Psychologies; Exemplar Methods; Participants as Experts; Nomination Process; Interview Protocol; Use of Narrative; Data Analysis; Future Directions; Conclusion; References; Note; 5 The Making of an Environmental Activist: A Developmental Psychological Perspective
The State of Our WorldEnvironmental Activists; Environmental Ethics; Common Themes From Research on Environmental Activists; Experiences in Nature; People, Organizations, and Society; Environmental Education; Environmental Self and Identity; Generativity; A Developmental Model of Environmental Activism; Childhood Experiences in Nature.; Self, Identity, and the Environment in Adolescence; Conclusion; References; 6 Informative and Inspirational Contributions of Exemplar Studies; Informative and Inspirational Contributions of Exemplar Studies; The Scholarly Landscape of Exemplar Studies
The Particularity of Lives and Generality of TheoriesHistory and Exemplarity; Methods, Mechanisms, and Insights; Personal Narratives; Mechanisms; Insights; Inspiration; References; Index; Other Titles; Order Form; House Ad
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed January 24, 2014).
- Matsuba, M. Kyle.
King, Pamela Ebstyne.
Bronk, Kendall Cotton.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|