Risk assessment for chemicals in drinking water [electronic resource] / edited by Robert A. Howd, Anna M. Fan.
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley-Interscience, c2008.
1 online resource (389 p.)
- Drinking water -- Contamination -- Health aspects.
Health risk assessment.
- Electronic books.
- A comprehensive reference on state-of-the-art risk assessment methodologies for drinking waterRisk Assessment for Chemicals in Drinking Water discusses the major steps and goals in risk assessments and suggests ways to improve the methodologies and accuracy, while consolidating up-to-date information on the current principles and practices in one authoritative reference. After an enlightening overview of risk assessment practices and regulatory guidelines, it: Includes descriptions of the use of variability analysis, exposure analysis, physiologically based pharmacokinet
- RISK ASSESSMENT FOR CHEMICALS IN DRINKING WATER; CONTENTS; Contributors; Foreword; Preface; 1 Introduction to Drinking Water Risk Assessment; Development of Drinking Water Regulations; The Risk Assessment Process; Public Perceptions and the Precautionary Principle; References; 2 Summary of the Development of Federal Drinking Water Regulations and Health-Based Guidelines for Chemical Contaminants; Selecting Candidates for Regulatory Consideration; Key Components for Regulatory Development; Development of Regulatory Values; Nonregulatory Options; References
3 Interpretation of Toxicologic Data for Drinking Water Risk AssessmentAnimal Toxicity Studies; Human Toxicity Studies; Conclusions; References; 4 Exposure Source and Multiroute Exposure Considerations for Risk Assessment of Drinking Water Contaminants; Exposure Source Considerations in Risk Assessment; Routes of Exposure and Dose Calculations; References; 5 Toxicokinetics for Drinking Water Risk Assessment; Evaluation of Toxicity Data; Toxicokinetics: PBPK Modeling; Risk Assessment; Conclusions; References; 6 Health Risk Assessment of Chemical Mixtures in Drinking Water
Drinking Water Mixture ConcernsEstimating Exposures to Multiple Chemicals in Drinking Water; Toxicological Concepts for Joint Toxicity; Chemical Mixtures Risk Assessment Methods; New Approaches for Assessing Risk from Exposure to Drinking Water Mixtures; Conclusions; References; 7 Protection of Infants, Children, and Other Sensitive Subpopulations; Factors Influencing Differences in Susceptibility Between Infants and Children and Adults; Critical Systems and Periods in Development; Age at Exposure and Susceptibility to Carcinogens
Drinking Water Standards Developed to Protect Sensitive SubpopulationsReferences; 8 Risk Assessment for Essential Nutrients; Assessment Approaches; Comparison of Guideline Values; Risk Assessment Recommendations; References; 9 Risk Assessment for Arsenic in Drinking Water; Occurrence and Exposure; Metabolism; Health Effects; Risk Assessment; Conclusions; References; 10 Risk Assessment for Chloroform, Reconsidered; Carcinogenic Effects; Noncancer Toxic Effects; Mechanisms of Carcinogenicity; Regulation of Cancer Risk; Discussion; References
11 Risk Assessment of a Thyroid Hormone Disruptor: PerchlorateBackground; Human Health Risk Assessment; Risk Characterization and Conclusions; References; 12 Emerging Contaminants in Drinking Water: A California Perspective; Emerging Chemicals of the Recent Past; Newer Emerging Contaminants; Future Emerging Chemicals; Conclusions; References; 13 U.S. EPA Drinking Water Field Office Perspectives and Needs for Risk Assessment; The Nature of Regulatory Risk Assessments; Use of Drinking Water Risk Information in EPA Field Offices; Conclusions; References
14 Risk Assessment: Emerging Issues, Recent Advances, and Future Challenges
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Howd, Robert A.
Fan, Anna M., 1949-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|