Artificial intelligence in education [electronic resource] : supporting learning through intelligent and socially informed technology / edited by Chee-Kit Looi ...[et al.].
- Washington, DC : IOS Press, c2005.
- Conference Name:
- International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (12th : 2005 : Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Frontiers in artificial intelligence and applications ; v. 125.
Frontiers in artificial intelligence and applications ; v. 125
1 online resource (1040 p.)
- Artificial intelligence -- Educational applications -- Congresses.
Intelligent tutoring systems -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- The field of Artificial Intelligence in Education includes research and researchers from many areas of technology and social science. This study aims to open opportunities for the cross-fertilization of information and ideas from researchers in the many fields that make up this interdisciplinary research area.
- Title page; Preface; International AIED Society Management Board; Executive Committee Members; Conference Organization; Sponsors; Contents; Invited Talks; Learning with Virtual Peers; Scaffolding Inquiry Learning: How Much Intelligence is Needed and by Whom?; Constraint-Based Tutors: A Success Story; Interactivity and Learning; Full Papers; Evaluating a Mixed-Initiative Authoring Environment: Is REDEEM for Real?; An Architecture to Combine Meta-Cognitive and Cognitive Tutoring: Pilot Testing the Help Tutor; ""A la"" in Education: Keywords Linking Method for Selecting Web Resources
Inferring Learning and Attitudes from a Bayesian Network of Log File Data Why Is Externally-Regulated Learning More Effective Than Self-Regulated Learning with Hypermedia?; Motivating Appropriate Challenges in a Reciprocal Tutoring System; Do Performance Goals Lead Students to Game the System?; Pedagogical Agents as Social Models for Engineering: The Influence of Agent Appearance on Female Choice; The Impact of Frustration-Mitigating Messages Delivered by an Interface Agent; Computational Methods for Evaluating Student and Group Learning Histories in Intelligent Tutoring Systems
Engagement Tracing: Using Response Times to Model Student Disengagement Interactive Authoring Support for Adaptive Educational Systems; Some Unusual Open Learner Models; Advanced Capabilities for Evaluating Student Writing: Detecting Off-Topic Essays Without Topic-Specific Training; Thread-Based Analysis of Patterns of Collaborative Interaction in Chat; Conceptual Conflict by Design: Dealing with Students' Learning Impasses in Multi-User Multi-Agent Virtual Worlds; Motivating Learners by Nurturing Animal Companions: My-Pet and Our-Pet
Arithmetic Desk: Computer Embedded Manipulatives for Learning Arithmetic Adaptive Reward Mechanism for Sustainable Online Learning Community; What Is The Student Referring To? Mapping Properties and Concepts in Students' Systems of Physics Equations; The Effects of a Pedagogical Agent in an Open Learning Environment; Using Discussion Prompts to Scaffold Parent-Child Collaboration Around a Computer-Based Activity; Self-Regulation of Learning with Multiple Representations in Hypermedia; An ITS for Medical Classification Problem-Solving: Effects of Tutoring and Representations
Mining Data and Modelling Social Capital in Virtual Learning Communities Tradeoff Analysis Between Knowledge Assessment Approaches; Natural Language Generation for Intelligent Tutoring Systems: A Case Study; Dialogue-Learning Correlations in Spoken Dialogue Tutoring; Adolescents' Use of SRL Behaviors and Their Relation to Qualitative Mental Model Shifts While Using Hypermedia; Teaching about Dynamic Processes A Teachable Agents Approach; Exam Question Recommender System; DIANE, a Diagnosis System for Arithmetical Problem Solving
Collaboration and Cognitive Tutoring: Integration, Empirical Results, and Future Directions
- Papers presented at the 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education, held in Amsterdam, July 18-22, 2005.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Looi, Chee-Kit.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|