The city in Roman Palestine / Daniel Sperber. [electronic resource]
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Oxford scholarship online.
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource (209 p.)
- Cities and towns, Ancient -- Palestine.
Jews -- History -- 70-638.
Rabbinical literature -- History and criticism.
Palestine -- Civilization -- To 1500.
Palestine -- Antiquities, Roman.
- Using Rabbinic texts, classical sources and archaeological evidence, the author provides the reader with a background for understanding everyday life in the urban environment of the New Testament.
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Introduction; 1. The Market: Physical Aspects; 2. Administration and Organization of the Market; 3. Market Control; 4. Pubs, Drunkards, and Licensing Laws; 5. On the Bathhouse; 6. Public Buildings; 7. Roads and Backstreets; 8. City Walls; 9. Water Supply, Sewage, and Drainage; 10. Archeology and the City; Appendix 1: Unidentified ""Public"" Buildings; Appendix 2: Urban Synagogues; Index; General Index
- Previously issued in print: 1998.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|