Cancers in the urban environment [electronic resource] : patterns of malignant disease in Los Angeles County and its neighborhoods / Thomas M. Mack ; with the assistance of Myles Cockburn, ... [et al.].
- Dordrecht ; Boston : Elsevier Academic Press, c2004.
1 online resource (654 p.)
- Cancer -- California -- Los Angeles County.
- Electronic books.
- This volume, the first of its kind ever, is designed to provide both laypersons and professionals with a detailed description of the occurrence of each common form of cancer in the ethnically, socially, and environmentally complex milieu of a modern urban complex. The place is Los Angeles County, and the patterns of 72 different malignancies are described according to race, age, sex, social class calendar time (since 1972) and most notably, individual neighborhood, using detailed maps of high risk.The book permits residents to screen the malignancies and identify those of special conc
- Front Cover; Cancers in the urban Environment; Copyright Page; Contents; Foreword; Introduction for Scientists; Introduction for Laypersons; What Cancers Are; Environmental and Other Causes of Cancer; Chapter 1. Resources Used to Detect Local Increases in Risk; Chapter 2. Methods Used to Detect Local Increases in Risk; Errors Due to Chance; Comparison Between "Apples" and "Oranges"; Failure to Detect Local Increases in Risk; Investigating a Lead; Guide to the Figures; Interpretation; Scientific and Technical Notes; Bibliography; Oropharyngeal Carcinoma; Salivary Gland Malignancies
Squamous Carcinoma of the Esophagus/Gastric CardiaAdenocarcinoma of the Esophagus/Gastric Cardia; Adenocarcinoma of the (Lower) Stomach; Carcinoma of the Small Intestine; Chapter 3. Colon Carcinoma, Total (Both Upper and Sigmoid); Carcinoma of the Upper Colon; Carcinoma of the Sigmoid Colon; Carcinoma of the Rectum; Hepatocellular Carcinoma; Cholangiocarcinoma; Gallbladder Carcinoma; Biliary Tract Carcinoma; Pancreas Carcinoma; Carcinoma of the Nose/Sinuses; Carcinoma of the Larynx; Chapter 4. Lung and Bronchus Carcinoma, Total (All Types); Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung and Bronchus
Large Cell Carcinoma of the Lung and BronchusSmall Cell Carcinoma of the Lung and Bronchus; Adenocarcinoma of the Lung and Bronchus; Bronchioloalveolar Carcinoma of the Lung and Bronchus; Undifferentiated Carcinoma of the Lung and Bronchus; Carcinoma of the Lung and Bronchus, Not Otherwise Classified; Mesothelioma; Soft Tissue Sarcoma; Angiosarcoma; Kaposi Sarcoma; Osteosarcoma; Ewing's Sarcoma; Malignant Chordoma; Malignant Melanoma; Breast Carcinoma; Squamous Cervix Carcinoma (Invasive); Endometrial (Uterine Corpus) Carcinoma; Epithelial Carcinoma of the Ovary; Germ Cell Malignancies
Prostate CarcinomaAnogenital Adenocarcinoma; Anogential Squamous Carcinoma; Mixed Cell Genital Tumors; Squamous Bladder Carcinoma; Transitional Cell (Non-Squamous) Bladder Carcinoma; Renal Cell Carcinoma; Wilms Tumor (Nephroblastoma); Retinoblastoma; Brain Malignancies (Gliomas); Spinal Cord Malignancies; Neurolemoma (Nerve Sheath Malignancy); Neuroblastoma; Malignant Meningioma; Papillary Carcinoma of the Thyroid; Follicular Carcinoma of the Thyroid; Other Carcinoma of the Thyroid; Pituitary Carcinoma; Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia; Carcinoma of the Thymus; Mixed Cellularity Hodgkin Lymphoma
Nodular Sclerosis Hodgkin LymphomaOther Hodgkin Lymphoma; Chapter 5. All Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas (All Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Types); Follicular Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Diffuse Large B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Diffuse Small Lymphocytic or Plasmacytic B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Diffuse Mixed B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; High-Grade Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; T-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Maltoma Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Other Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Chapter 6. Central Nervous System Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas (All Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Types)
Chapter 7. Stomach Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas (All Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Types)
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Cockburn, Myles.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|