The archaeology of medieval Ireland [electronic resource] / T.B. Barry.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 1988, c1987.
- University paperback
1 online resource (255 p.)
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Ireland.
Ireland -- Antiquities.
Ireland -- History -- 1172-1603.
- Electronic books.
- `This eagerly awaited book is an outstanding and right up-to-date summary of every excavation and investigation undertaken in Ireland into the earthworks, castles, ecclesiastical buildings and towns of the period from the arrival of the Anglo-Normans to the mid-sixteenth century...a most welcome synthesis and will be valued by the layperson, student and professional archaeologist, historical geographer and historian alike.' Archaeology Ireland
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; List of figures; List of plates; Preface and acknowledgements; Abbreviations; Introduction; Pre-Norman settlement c.1000 1169; Anglo-Norman military fortifications; Anglo-Norman rural settlement; The growth of medieval towns; The archaeology of the medieval church; The later middle ages: growth or decline?; Future horizons; Notes; Bibliography; Place index; Subject and name index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliography and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|