Income distribution in less developed countries [electronic resource] / R. M. Sundrum.
- New York : Routledge, 1992.
1 online resource (343 p.)
- Income distribution -- Developing countries.
Distribution (Economic theory)
- Electronic books.
- This is a major book in a key area of development economics. It gives a comprehensive survey of the link between income distribution and the growth of national income, bringing out major patterns and trends, and concluding that there is still considerable scope for growth with equity in LDCs.
- Cover; Income distribution in less developed countries; Copyright; Contents; Tables; Preface; Chapter one Introduction; Part I The statistical approach; Chapter two Statistical data on income distribution; Chapter three Measurement of income inequality and poverty; Chapter four Cross-sectional patterns of income distribution; Chapter five Historical changes in income distribution; Chapter six Dynamics of income distribution; Part II The analytical framework; Chapter seven Introduction to part II; Chapter eight Theories of income distribution
Chapter nine Incomes from land: land distribution and rent Chapter ten Incomes from labour: wages and employment; Chapter eleven Incomes from capital: interest and profits; Chapter twelve The structure of production and income distribution; Chapter thirteen Conclusions of part II; Part III The policy implications; Chapter fourteen The policy objectives; Chapter fifteen Regulations of markets; Chapter sixteen Redistributive policies; Bibliography and author index; Subject index
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|