Heat pipes [electronic resource] : theory, design and applications / David Reay and Peter Kew.
- 5th ed.
- Oxford [Eng.] : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2006.
1 online resource (397 p.)
- Heat pipes.
Heat -- Transmission.
- Electronic books.
- Heat pipes are used in a wide range of applications, including electronics cooling, die-casting and injection moulding, heat recovery and energy conservation, de-icing and manufacturing process temperature control, and in domestic appliances. An essential guide for practicing engineers and an ideal text for postgraduate students, the book takes a highly practical approach to the design and selection of heat pipes. It is both a useful sourcebook and an accessible introduction for those approaching the topic for the first time.*Long established as the standard work on heat pipes*Suit
- Front Cover; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Dedication; Preface to Fifth Edition; Preface to First Edition; Acknowledgements; Introduction; Chapter 1 Historical Development; Chapter 2 Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Theory; Chapter 3 Heat Pipe Components and Materials; Chapter 4 Design Guide; Chapter 5 Heat Pipe Manufacture and Testing; Chapter 6 Special Types of Heat Pipe; Chapter 7 Applications of the Heat Pipe; Chapter 8 Cooling of Electronic Components; Appendices:; Appendix 1 Working Fluid Properties; Appendix 2 Thermal Conductivity of Heat Pipe Container and Wick Materials
Appendix 3 BibliographyAppendix 4 A Selection of Heat-Pipe-Related Web Sites; Appendix 5 Conversion Factors; Nomenclature; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliography and index.
- Reay, D. A. (David Anthony)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|