Encyclopedia of Lesbian and Gay Histories and Cultures [electronic resource].
- Hoboken : Taylor and Francis, 2005.
- Garland reference library of the social sciences Lesbian histories and cultures
1 online resource (919 p.)
- Lesbianism -- Encyclopedias.
Lesbians -- Encyclopedias.
- Local subjects:
- Gays. (search)
Lesbianism -- Encyclopedias. (search)
Social life and customs. (search)
- Electronic books.
- Beginning in 1869, when the study of homosexuality can be said to have begun with the establishment of sexology, this Encyclopedia offers accounts of the most important international developments in an area that now occupies a critical place in many fields of academic endeavours. While gays and lesbians have shared many aspects of life, their histories and cultures developed in profoundly different ways. To reflect this crucial fact, the Encyclopedia has been prepared in two separate volumes assuring that both histories receive full, unbiased attention and that a broad range
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; Introduction; Contributors; Subject Guide; The Encyclopedia; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Zimmerman, Bonnie.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|