Constitutionalism and democracy : transitions in the contemporary world : the American Council of Learned Societies comparative constitutionalism papers / edited by Douglas Greenberg [and three others].
- New York, [New York] ; Oxford, [England] : Oxford University Press, 1993.
1 online resource (416 p.)
- Representative government and representation -- Congresses.
Democracy -- Congresses.
Constitutional history -- Congresses.
Constitutional law -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Stanley Katz, Douglas Greenberg and a group of international scholars examine the state of constitutions around the world. The essays discuss the transition from authoritarian to democratic regimes, examining the obstacles to democracy and comparing the world-wide experiences of constitutionalism.
- Contents; Contributors; Introduction; I: Transitions; II: Human Rights; III: Pluralism and Nationalism; IV: Institutional Arrangements; V: Constitutional Conundrums in Europe; VI: Reflections on Constitutionalism; Index
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- American Council of Learned Societies.
Greenberg, Douglas, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|