Speculations after Freud : psychoanalysis, philosophy, and culture / edited by Sonu Shamdasani and Michael Munchow.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 1994.
1 online resource (246 p.)
- Psychoanalysis -- Philosophy -- Congresses.
Psychoanalysis and philosophy -- Congresses.
Psychoanalysis and culture -- Congresses.
Freud, Sigmund, 1856-1939 -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This collection of essays at the juncture between psychoanalysis, philosophy, and cultural studies questions the future of a discipline which has emerged from the intimate experience of therapy to exert a powerful hold over contemporary culture.
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; Notes on contributors; Preface; Introduction: the censure of the speculative Sonu Shamdasani; Psychoanalysis and politics Cornelius Castoriadis; Psychoanalysts in times of distress Julia Kristeva; ~Man is by nature a political animal~ or: patient as citizen James Hillman; Psychoanalysis in left field and fieldworking: examples to fit the title Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak; The alibis of the subject: Lacan and philosophy Mikkel Borch-Jacobsen; ~It's only the first step that costs~ Sarah Kofman; Lust Alphonso Lingis; Immanent death, imminent death David Farrell Krell
The word of silence William RichardsonThe Sandman looks at ~The uncanny~ Nicholas Rand and Maria Torok; The pleasure of therapy Charles E.Scott; Index;
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Based on papers presented at the conference Speculations: appraising psychoanalysis, philosophy, and cultural studies, held Oct. 26-28, 1990, sponsored by the Freud Museum.
- Shamdasani, Sonu, 1962-
Munchow, Michael, 1961-
Freud Museum (London, England)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203049129 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|