Revolution and war in Spain, 1931-1939 [electronic resource] / edited by Paul Preston.
- London ; New York : Methuen, 1984.
1 online resource (314 p.)
- Spain -- History -- 20th century.
Spain -- History -- Civil War, 1936-1939 -- Causes.
Spain -- Politics and government -- 1931-1939.
- Electronic books.
- This collection of essays constitutes a magnificent monument to recent scholarship on the Second Republic and the Civil War. It is indispensable for a full understanding of the period.' - Raymond Carr
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; List of contributors; List of abbreviations; Acknowledgements; Map of the regions and provinces of Spain; Introduction War of words: the Spanish Civil War and the historians; The Republican 'take-over': prelude to inevitable catastrophe?; The Church's crusade against the Republic; War on two fronts: politics and society in Navarre 1931 6; Regionalism and revolution in Catalonia; The epic failure: the Asturian revolution of October 1934; Economic crisis, social conflict and the Popular Front: Madrid 1931 6; The agrarian war in the south
The Basque question 1931 7Soldiers, politics and war; The popular experience of war and revolution1936 9; Reflex reaction: Germany and the onset of the Spanish Civil War; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographies and index.
- Preston, Paul, 1946-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|